Prof. Dr. Dhanesh Kumar. K.U. M.P.T, PhD
NITTE Institute of Physiotherapy
Email ID : email@example.com
Mobile Number : 9019431417
Contact Number : 0824-2204495
- Laxmi memorial college of physiotherapy 1998- 2004 (Rajiv Gandhi University of health sciences).
- Lecturer and clinical tutor responsible for the theory lecture sessions and clinical supervising of the undergraduate physiotherapy students on bed side application of skills.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) from Laxmi Memorial College of Physiotherapy, from Mangalore University in 1997.
- MASTER OF PHYSIOTHERAPY (MPT) from Laxmi Memorial College of Physiotherapy affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore in 2004.
- Doctorate in Physiotherapy (PhD) from K.L.E. University Belgaum in 2012.
DR. Dhanesh Kumar K.U. has various publications in national & international journals :
- Ajay Thakur, Preetham Rai,Dhanesh Kumar KU. Effectiveness of frequency modulated transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (tens) on post incision pain following abdominal surgery : a prospective, randomized, placebo controlled study. IJCR. 2013 Sep; 5(09) : 2599-2601.
- Ajay Thakur, Dhanesh Kumar KU. A comparative study on the effects of aerobic exercise program and conventional oral therapy medications on non insulin dependent diabetic mellitus patients. IJCR. 2013 Sep; 5(09) : 2595-2598.
- Kavitha Shetty, Mahesh Hegde V, Dhanesh Kumar KU.A study of evaluate the acute effect of various stretching in warm -up routines on vertical jump performance in amateur basketball players. IJCR. 2013 Aug; 5(08) : 2301-2304.
- Bindhu S, Dhanesh Kumar KU, Avadhani R, Jinu Merlin Kosby. Clinical significance of patient foramen ovale. IJCR. 2013 July; 5(07) : 1940-1941.
- Amal Jose George,Dhanesh Kumar KU, Nikhil NP. Effectiveness of Trunk Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Training in Mechanical Low Back Pain.IJCR. 2013 July; 5(07) : 1965-1968.
- Dhanesh Kumar KU,Biju Muthapally. Effect of core muscle strengthening and behavioral therapy in the management of chronic non specific low back pain in nursing population. IJCR. 2014 Feb; 6(2) : 5063-5068.
- Dhanesh Kumar KU, Namritha Prabhu, Pooja Pai. Fall risk and physical fitness in healthy older population. IJCR. 2014 Mar; 6 (3) : 5497-5500.
- Subhashchandra Rai, Bhagavan KR, Dhanesh KU. Efficacy of low level laser therapy in the management of venous leg ulcer. IJIRR. 2014 August; 1(2) : 004-007.
- Dhanesh KU, Sarika Desai, Siddarth Shetty. Study of yoga versus exercise therapy in the management of mechanical low back pain. IJIRR. 2014 August; 1(2) : 008-012.
- Hardik Anadkat , Ajith S, Dhanesh Kumar KU. Effectiveness of Retro Walking Treadmill Training on Pain and Disability in Knee Osteoarthritis : A Randomized Controlled Trail . International Journal of Pharma And Bio sciences. 2015 October 6 (4) :(B) : 43-50.
- Zarna Ghdhia, Ajith S, Dhanesh Kumar KU. Impact of left Venticular Ejection Fraction on Pulmanary Function Test Values after Phase I Cardiac Rehabilitation in Patient with Coronary Artery Bypass Graft. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research. 2015 December 5(12) : 259-267.
- Subhashchandra Rai, Bhagawan, Sukumar S, Dhanesh Kumar KU.Effects Of Low Level Laser Therapy Over Therapeutic Ultrasound Therapy In Venous Ulcer - A Single Blinded Randomised Control Trial. Global Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies. 2015 January ; 4(1) : 56-63.
- Akhil Mathew, Subhashchandra Rai , Dhanesh Kumar KU. Low Back Injuries in Faat Bowlers : A Literature Review .International Journal of Allied Medical Sciences and Clinical Research . 2016 ; 4(2) : 184-195.
- Rebecca Elizabeth Santhumayor , Dhanesh Kumar KU, Ajith S. Effects of Four Different Hold and Rest Time Combinations of Intermittent Lumbar Traction in the Treatment of Lumbar Interventional Disc Prolapsed : A Comparative Study. International Journal of Health Science Research. 2016 ; 6 (1) : 214-220.
- Sukumar Shanmugam , Lawrence mathias, Ajay Thakur Dhanesh Kumar. Effect of Intramuscular Electrical Stimulation Using Inversly Placed Electrodes on Myfascial Pain Syndrome in the Shoulder : A Case Series . The Korean Journal of Pain . 2016 ; 29 (2) : 136-140.
- Akhil Mathew, Dhanesh Kumar K U, Ajith S , Subhashchandra Rai . Effect of low level laser therapy in acute low back pain with radioculopathy : A single blinded randomized control Study .International Journal of Allied Medical Sciences and Clinical Research . 2016 ; 4(2) :216-225.
- Ajay Thakur, Dhanesh Kumar K U. An Investigation Into The Effects of Modulated Frequency and Low Frequency Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation in Relief of Pain Following Abdominal Surgery- A Randomized Controlled Trial. Indian Journal of Research (IJR). 2016; 5(5) : 534-537.
- Susan Dsouza, Akhil Mathew, Dhanesh Kumar KU. Work related Musculoskeletal Disorders in Physiotherapists : Prevalence and Associated Factors : A Review of Literature. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research , 2016 ; 6(6) : 344-351.
- Relationship of original & Short -form berg balance scales in elderly Individuals . Haripriya , Dhanesh Kumar KU , George S , Ajith S. Biomedicine : , 37(3) july-sep, 2017. Page 329-332.
- Transdermal Iontophoresis on Gerhardt- Mitchell's Disease of Joints – A rear case report Mallikarjunaiah H S, Dhanesh Kumar KU, Shilpa Dugani Burji. Nitte University Journal of Health Sciences , 7(2), 2017. pp60-62.
- Anatagonist Versus Agonist Muscle Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation on Spasticity in Stroke Patients Suchetha P.S, Dhanesh Kumar K U, Mallikarjunaiah H S Internatioanl Journal of Physiotherapy. 4December , 2017. pp363-367
- Effect of Muscle Energy Techniques on Upslip and Inflare Dysfunction of Sacroiliac Joint : A Case Report Saumya Srivastava, Dhanesh Kumar K U , Harramb Mittal Indian Journal of Physiotherapy and occupational therapy .11 (4), 2017
- Effect Of Computerised Training On Cognition, Self Management And Quality Of Life In Elderly With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Study Protocol For A Single Blind Randomised Controlled Trial. SUMAM SUNNY, AJITH S, DHANESH KUMAR K.U. International Journal of Pharma and Biosciences. 2017, July 8(3): (B) 544-548.
- High- Voltage Pulsed Current (HVPC) Electrical Stimulation For Treatment Of Diabetic Foot Ulcer (DFU) - A Review. MUKESH KUMAR SINHA MPT, KOVELA RAKESH KRISHNA MPT, DHANESH KUMAR K U. International Journal of Pharma and Biosciences. 2017, October;8(4):(B) 360-364.
- Durairaj Satheeskumar, Dhanesh Kumar KU, Rajasenthil K.The Effects and Safety of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation to improve upper limb function in Hemiplegic Cerebral Palsy – A Preliminary Report. Indian Journal of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy. 2017 ; 11 (1) : 124-129.
- Subhashchandra Rai, Bhagavan K R, Dhanesh Kumar KU, Riyas Basheer K.B. Efficacy of Therapeutic Ultrasound Versus Low Level Laser Therapy in the Management of Venous Ulcer. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research , 2017 ; 7(3) : 190-201.
- Does Body Mass Index Influence Pulmonary Function Test Values And Functional Exercise Capacity After Chest Physiotherapy Following Coronary Artery Bypass Graft.. Ajith Soman, Gopalakrishnan Mundyat, Dhanesh Kumar K U, Haripriya Santhakumar. Indian Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. April. 2018, Vol 34 Issue No-2 page No-116-124.
- A Study to Find the Effectiveness of Cryotherapy with task oriented training in improving upper limb function in hemiplegic cerebral palsy. Satheeskumar Durairaj , Dhanesh Kumar KU, Rajasenthil K , Ajay Thakur. International Journal of Physiotherapy and Research. 2018 , 6(1) : 2595-2599.
- Occurence of Chronic low back pain in individuals with flat feet _ A cross sectional Study. Susan Dsouza, Dhanesh Kumar KU, Ajay Thakur. International Journal of Allied Medical Sciences and Clinical Research.2018, Jan- Mar 6(1) : 32-39.
- Mother as a Rehabilitative Aid (MARA) – A unique Project for Mothers of Differently Abled Children. Kovela Rakesh Krishna, Dhanesh Kumar K U, Meghana N Baliga. International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts. 2018, March ; 6(1) : 772-774.
- Short -Term Effect of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy in the Management of Sacroiliac Joint Pain Saumya Srivastava,Dhanesh KU Kumar , Harramb Mittal , Snehil Dixit . Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2018, Sep; 12 (9) : YO01-YO04.