Prof. Dr. Dhanesh Kumar. K.U. M.P.T, PhD
Laxmi memorial college of physiotherapy 1998- 2004 (Rajiv Gandhi University of health sciences).
Lecturer and clinical tutor responsible for the theory lecture sessions and clinical supervising of the undergraduate physiotherapy students on bed side application of skills.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) from Laxmi Memorial College of Physiotherapy, from Mangalore University in 1997.
MASTER OF PHYSIOTHERAPY (MPT) from Laxmi Memorial College of Physiotherapy affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore in 2004.
Doctorate in Physiotherapy (PhD) from K.L.E. University Belgaum in 2012.
- - Ajay Thakur, Preetham Rai,Dhanesh Kumar KU. Effectiveness of frequency modulated transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (tens) on post incision pain following abdominal surgery : a prospective, randomized, placebo controlled study. IJCR. 2013 Sep; 5(09) : 2599-2601.
- - Ajay Thakur, Dhanesh Kumar KU. A comparative study on the effects of aerobic exercise program and conventional oral therapy medications on non insulin dependent diabetic mellitus patients. IJCR. 2013 Sep; 5(09) : 2595-2598.
- - Kavitha Shetty, Mahesh Hegde V, Dhanesh Kumar KU.A study of evaluate the acute effect of various stretching in warm -up routines on vertical jump performance in amateur basketball players. IJCR. 2013 Aug; 5(08) : 2301-2304.
- - Bindhu S, Dhanesh Kumar KU, Avadhani R, Jinu Merlin Kosby. Clinical significance of patient foramen ovale. IJCR. 2013 July; 5(07) : 1940-1941.
- Amal Jose George,Dhanesh Kumar KU, Nikhil NP. Effectiveness of Trunk Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Training in Mechanical Low Back Pain.IJCR. 2013 July; 5(07) : 1965-1968.
- - Dhanesh Kumar KU,Biju Muthapally. Effect of core muscle strengthening and behavioral therapy in the management of chronic non specific low back pain in nursing population. IJCR. 2014 Feb; 6(2) : 5063-5068.
- - Dhanesh Kumar KU, Namritha Prabhu, Pooja Pai. Fall risk and physical fitness in healthy older population. IJCR. 2014 Mar; 6 (3) : 5497-5500.
- - Subhashchandra Rai, Bhagavan KR, Dhanesh KU. Efficacy of low level laser therapy in the management of venous leg ulcer. IJIRR. 2014 August; 1(2) : 004-007.
- - Dhanesh KU, Sarika Desai, Siddarth Shetty. Study of yoga versus exercise therapy in the management of mechanical low back pain. IJIRR. 2014 August; 1(2) : 008-012.
- - Hardik Anadkat , Ajith S, Dhanesh Kumar KU. Effectiveness of Retro Walking Treadmill Training on Pain and Disability in Knee Osteoarthritis : A Randomized Controlled Trail . International Journal of Pharma And Bio sciences. 2015 October 6 (4) :(B) : 43-50.
- - Zarna Ghdhia, Ajith S, Dhanesh Kumar KU. Impact of left Venticular Ejection Fraction on Pulmanary Function Test Values after Phase I Cardiac Rehabilitation in Patient with Coronary Artery Bypass Graft. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research. 2015 December 5(12) : 259-267.
- - Subhashchandra Rai, Bhagawan, Sukumar S, Dhanesh Kumar KU.Effects Of Low Level Laser Therapy Over Therapeutic Ultrasound Therapy In Venous Ulcer - A Single Blinded Randomised Control Trial. Global Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies. 2015 January ; 4(1) : 56-63.
- - Akhil Mathew, Subhashchandra Rai , Dhanesh Kumar KU. Low Back Injuries in Faat Bowlers : A Literature Review .International Journal of Allied Medical Sciences and Clinical Research . 2016 ; 4(2) : 184-195.
- - Rebecca Elizabeth Santhumayor , Dhanesh Kumar KU, Ajith S. Effects of Four Different Hold and Rest Time Combinations of Intermittent Lumbar Traction in the Treatment of Lumbar Interventional Disc Prolapsed : A Comparative Study. International Journal of Health Science Research. 2016 ; 6 (1) : 214-220.
- - Sukumar Shanmugam , Lawrence mathias, Ajay Thakur Dhanesh Kumar. Effect of Intramuscular Electrical Stimulation Using Inversly Placed Electrodes on Myfascial Pain Syndrome in the Shoulder : A Case Series . The Korean Journal of Pain . 2016 ; 29 (2) : 136-140.
- - Akhil Mathew, Dhanesh Kumar K U, Ajith S , Subhashchandra Rai . Effect of low level laser therapy in acute low back pain with radioculopathy : A single blinded randomized control Study .International Journal of Allied Medical Sciences and Clinical Research . 2016 ; 4(2) :216-225.
- - Ajay Thakur, Dhanesh Kumar K U. An Investigation Into The Effects of Modulated Frequency and Low Frequency Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation in Relief of Pain Following Abdominal Surgery- A Randomized Controlled Trial. Indian Journal of Research (IJR). 2016; 5(5) : 534-537.
- - Susan Dsouza, Akhil Mathew, Dhanesh Kumar KU. Work related Musculoskeletal Disorders in Physiotherapists : Prevalence and Associated Factors : A Review of Literature. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research , 2016 ; 6(6) : 344-351.
- - Relationship of original & Short -form berg balance scales in elderly Individuals . Haripriya , Dhanesh Kumar KU , George S , Ajith S. Biomedicine : , 37(3) july-sep, 2017. Page 329-332.
- - Transdermal Iontophoresis on Gerhardt- Mitchell's Disease of Joints – A rear case report Mallikarjunaiah H S, Dhanesh Kumar KU, Shilpa Dugani Burji. Nitte University Journal of Health Sciences , 7(2), 2017. pp60-62.
- - Anatagonist Versus Agonist Muscle Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation on Spasticity in Stroke Patients Suchetha P.S, Dhanesh Kumar K U, Mallikarjunaiah H S Internatioanl Journal of Physiotherapy. 4December , 2017. pp363-367
- - Effect of Muscle Energy Techniques on Upslip and Inflare Dysfunction of Sacroiliac Joint : A Case Report Saumya Srivastava, Dhanesh Kumar K U , Harramb Mittal Indian Journal of Physiotherapy and occupational therapy .11 (4), 2017
- - Effect Of Computerised Training On Cognition, Self Management And Quality Of Life In Elderly With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Study Protocol For A Single Blind Randomised Controlled Trial. SUMAM SUNNY, AJITH S, DHANESH KUMAR K.U. International Journal of Pharma and Biosciences. 2017, July 8(3): (B) 544-548.
- - High- Voltage Pulsed Current (HVPC) Electrical Stimulation For Treatment Of Diabetic Foot Ulcer (DFU) - A Review. MUKESH KUMAR SINHA MPT, KOVELA RAKESH KRISHNA MPT, DHANESH KUMAR K U. International Journal of Pharma and Biosciences. 2017, October;8(4):(B) 360-364.
- - Durairaj Satheeskumar, Dhanesh Kumar KU, Rajasenthil K.The Effects and Safety of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation to improve upper limb function in Hemiplegic Cerebral Palsy – A Preliminary Report. Indian Journal of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy. 2017 ; 11 (1) : 124-129.
- - Subhashchandra Rai, Bhagavan K R, Dhanesh Kumar KU, Riyas Basheer K.B. Efficacy of Therapeutic Ultrasound Versus Low Level Laser Therapy in the Management of Venous Ulcer. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research , 2017 ; 7(3) : 190-201.
- - Does Body Mass Index Influence Pulmonary Function Test Values And Functional Exercise Capacity After Chest Physiotherapy Following Coronary Artery Bypass Graft.. Ajith Soman, Gopalakrishnan Mundyat, Dhanesh Kumar K U, Haripriya Santhakumar. Indian Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. April. 2018, Vol 34 Issue No-2 page No-116-124.
- - A Study to Find the Effectiveness of Cryotherapy with task oriented training in improving upper limb function in hemiplegic cerebral palsy. Satheeskumar Durairaj , Dhanesh Kumar KU, Rajasenthil K , Ajay Thakur. International Journal of Physiotherapy and Research. 2018 , 6(1) : 2595-2599.
- - Occurence of Chronic low back pain in individuals with flat feet _ A cross sectional Study. Susan Dsouza, Dhanesh Kumar KU, Ajay Thakur. International Journal of Allied Medical Sciences and Clinical Research.2018, Jan- Mar 6(1) : 32-39.
- - Mother as a Rehabilitative Aid (MARA) – A unique Project for Mothers of Differently Abled Children. Kovela Rakesh Krishna, Dhanesh Kumar K U, Meghana N Baliga. International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts. 2018, March ; 6(1) : 772-774.
- Short -Term Effect of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy in the Management of Sacroiliac Joint Pain Saumya Srivastava,Dhanesh KU Kumar , Harramb Mittal , Snehil Dixit . Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2018, Sep; 12 (9) : YO01-YO04.